NEW CLIL PROJECTS FOR 2022-2023: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

 


The new call for Multilingual Projects allows schools to start or continue developing a subject through the medium of English. I have been working on this for 18 years now and I am really pleased to say that school teachers and students have provided me with very positive feedback on the outcomes of the project. In short, students feel more motivated to learn the language because they are actually doing something with it, whereas teachers do not have to struggle to keep students' attention. 

Some  schools in the area where I work are asking for the project for the first time. I have been delivering specific training for them  in order to let them know about the main ingredients each CLIL unit must include. However, I am aware that this powerful dish needs longer cooking time so allow me to share a masterclass by Lola Reeves Garay Abad, teacher and teacher trainer from Trinity College. I am sure she will shed light on what CLIL is about.

   

 From these lines, my heartfelt thanks to Lola  on her inspiring talk. 

Looking forward to meeting CLIL teachers on our next seminar session on April 5th. We will continue with the LOCIT model (Lesson Observation and  Critical Incident Technique): three schools will show their students' classroom practice and, as usual,  their outcomes will be effective tools on self- reflection and professional growth. 

Apart from this, we will focus on Feedback and Assessment in CLIL. We will be presenting some examples of CLIL-friendly tests and all seminar members will have the opportunity to share what type of  assessment they carry out and its outcomes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment